Agewell Foundation, India is a not-for-profit organization which has been working for the welfare and empowerment of older persons of India since 1999.
Agewell interacts with over 25000 older persons on daily basis through its volunteers’ nationwide network. Recognizing the work being done by Agewell Foundation ECOSOC has granted Special Consultative Status to Agewell Foundation at United Nations in 2011. It is associated with Department of Public Information, United Nations (UN-DPI-NGO). Agewell Foundation is currently associated with Working Group on Awareness and Capacity Building for Senior Citizens, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment; Sub-Group on Elderly Care, under NITI Aayog’s CSOs Standing Committee and Committee of Experts on “impact of COVID-19 pandemic on human rights and future response”, National Human Rights Commission.
Useful Tips for Older Persons
Tips for Staying Connected during Loneliness and Social Isolation
- Everyone needs social interactions to survive and thrive. But as people age, they often find themselves spending more time alone. Read More
Latest Press Release
Agewell Foundation’s exclusive study for the United Nations
- Agewell Foundation has conducted an exclusive study, titled “Contribution of Older Persons in Sustainable Development”, It has already been accepted and carried on the UN website… Read More
Latest Study Report
Contribution of Older People in Sustainable Development with a special focus on Impact of Covid-19 on Older People, February 2022
- By the year 2050, India would have 1/5th population in the age group of 60+. Management of such a large section of retired and older people… Read more
- Distribution of Wheelchairs, Adult Diapers, Adult Diapers & Walkers among Destitute Elderly
- Distribution of Food Packets among destitute Elderly
- Share the Warmth campaign for collection and Distribution of Woollens among destitute & elderly Read More
Latest CSR initiatives
- ONGC-Agewell Initiative: Distribution of Wheelchairs & Adult Diapers among Destitute Elderly living in Slums across Delhi
- Mercer-Agewell Initiative: Distribution of Healthcare Equipment (wheelchairs, Adult Diapers) and Food Packets among destitute elderly See Read More
Latest Media coverage
Agewell Interaction Centre for older persons
The centre is a platform that initiates a better understanding of the problems of ageing from a social perspective and provides a platform for the aged as well as those concerned to come together to share and care…
Agewell Monitoring & Evaluation Centre
Agewell Foundation undertakes innovative research studies, supervision and evaluation for routine social projects. The monitoring & evaluation activities cover all sectors linking old people…
Agewell Training program
Agewell Foundation has undertaken a Sensitization and Training program for various stakeholders like Delhi Police personnel about needs & rights of older people … Read more..
Free Healthcare Campaigns for Destitute Elderly
An initiative to identify basic healthcare requirements of destitute elderly living in the slums and provide them with medical/healthcare assistance…Read More
Agewell Share the Warmth Campaign
Share the Warmth is all about sharing and caring for the elderly and destitute in the bone chilling winters of Delhi-NCR…More info…
Agewell Projects Supported by Corporates
Agewell Foundation is a not-for-profit organization which has been working forthe welfare and empowerment of older persons of India since 1999.